Tuesday, June 24, 2008

DAY 5 (UNIVERSAL STUDIOS/MK DAY 2)

I think that the hardest thing about blogging my trip report is choosing which photos to post. I apologize to all of my dial-up readers. Please be patient...there are just a lot of photos I couldn't eliminate from the day. (when you have 3000 pics...it's hard to eliminate ANY of them!)

Universal wasn't one of my favorite parks...and I will have to think hard about going back next year...yes I have decided next year we will return @ Halloween time. It will be cooler and Halloween is my favorite holiday! I think it will be worth the trip!!!! I think it will ALWAYS be worth the trip!

It was very hot that day...suffocating really. I think that and the fact that I really should have researched Universal a bit more. We (me and the kids) were intimidated by a lot of the rides. We didn't want to ride something and get sick. Well me and Andy would get sick and Kate? She was just terrified of EVERYTHING! We were in line to ride Twister and right before we went in she starting bawling. I couldn't take her in like that and she was starting to make me nervous as well!

We were able to ride a few and I do mean a few (Men In Black, Terminator (show), Jaws (boat ride) Jimmy Neutron (show/simulator ride) and pretty much that's it. We were able to meet Madagascar, Spongebob, Jimmy Neutron, Dora and Scooby and Shaggy. Wasn't a total waste of the day.

I think half of what killed US is that we did this AFTER we did Disney. After you have been to the Magic Kingdom??? Everything else is just blah!
We LOVED the Nick section as we are ALL Spongebob fans!!!!
This is a classic ride...just kinda boring and predictable. However...Kate was scared!
This was very much like Buzz Lightyear...minus the twirls. Surprisingly....none of us got sick!
YAY!!! Kate got to help on Fear Factor. She thought she was PRETTY smart!
As much as she LOVES the Sponge...you couldn't tell could you??? I got my picture with him too and I got a little too close and almost knocked him over!!! (Reminds me of that video on You Tube where Mike from Monsters Inc fell over!!!) LOL Not 100% on that link...hope it works for you!!!
One of my favorite parts of Universal. Hollywood Blvd!!! They even had the stars on the sidewalk! I know now that I will probably never get to Hollywood cuz I couldn't stand to be on a plane for that long. BUT that is what I said about Florida too!

If you dream it? It WILL happen!!!!
How real do they look??? My Mom didn't think that Shaggy was a real person!
Everytime I see this pic...I laugh. The look on Jimmy Neutron's face is PRICELESS!!! And the way Dora is standing next to Andy??? LMAO!!!!
We didn't really need this but as hot as it was...TCBY sure tasted good before we climbed that last hill @ Universal! It always felt soooo nice to find our car (or what was our car for 10 days) and get sat down and crank the air. We were all sooooooo hot and exhausted!

We went home and hit the pool for a couple hours (I am sooooo anxious to get back it hurts! OUR POOL HOUSE ROCKED!!!!) then we had a plan to hit Magic Kingdom again. Our only mistake??? We didn't get there til about 8. We only had a short amount of time to hang out before closing (I think it was 11) However, there would never be enough time @ the Magic Kingdom. That place is like heaven to me!
Doesn't really look like she is having a good time does she???
He was so afraid some cute girl would see him with this bag..so I had to make sure LOTS of cute girls saw him!
Philharmagic! Wow!!! Went into this thinking...oh it might be pretty good. Part of what I love the most about Disney movies is their music. I have many Disney soundtracks and it was soooooo great to watch a show where there were sooooooooo many of the songs I love piled into one! I sat there with my 3D glasses on singing every word! Again....MAGIC!
My Mom made the comment that Andy looked so happy in all of the pictures she has seen so far. He has had a really rough year and I am beginning to think that it isn't even his fault. I think the school district as a whole has been kinda tough on him. I have complaints that Andy wouldn't keep his mouth shut during class and would do things to get everyone's attention. However, at the same time they were telling me he is one of the smartest kids in the class. His grades were always @ his best and he tried really hard! We ALL deserved this vacation!!!
Found this out in the middle of nowhere (or right next to the carousel) This is the good pic. The other one Andy thinks he looks like he is peeing on a rock!
One of my VERY favorite rides. Sooooooooo glad we went back!
The fireworks alone were enough for us to pay another $11.00 for parking to get in!
The kids LOVED Dumbo after Kate got up enough courage to ride. They thought it was the greatest gift on earth to be riding Dumbo while the fireworks were going off over their little heads. Definitely a moment they won't soon forget!
I love this picture of the lights on the water. Cinderella's castle looks even MORE gorgeous at night!
Just a few layouts I have completed for Day 5. This one using primarily Laura Burger's new Nature kit to be hitting Gotta Pixel soon!
This one was inspired by David Cook's song "Time of my life". I LOVE that song and most importantly I LOVE DAVID COOK!!!!! (Keep your fingers crossed that I get to take my little girl to see him in KC in August!!!!) I love the pink mouse ears Kate has on. They were kinda tight on her head but we paid I don't even remember how much for them...so she was wearing them....rather it cut off the blood flow to her brain or not! LOL

I thought I needed do a layout just on our Fear Factor experience! Kate got a front row seat and got to help raise the car up in the final stunt. (or at least she thought she did)

4 comments:

Jessie said...

Aww don't appologize those pics are awesome and an awesome memory for sure!! Must have been a fun trip.

Unknown said...

My kids LOVED Universal! Even the youngest, who had to stay behind for most of the rides. The characters made it so memorable for them and finding bits and pieces from favorite movies all over the place was fun.

Mary said...

Wow, looks like such an awesome time my dd's love that place and visit at least 3'xs during the time they spend in Fl for the summer.

Chris M said...

Joni,
If you go back you should try islands of Adventures, that is our favorite park........take a motion pill and jump on the Hulk coaster, you'll love it.....LOL.
Chris M.