Wednesday, July 09, 2008

DAY 8 (EPCOT)

Day 8....I must say, when I started blogging our vacation, I HAD NO IDEA it would take this long to get it all posted. I guess I had forgotten what happens when reality gets in the way of things! Work has been (to say the least) stressful. Good news is, we got the loan to remodel our house. What a relief that is. It is all starting to fall in place....and fall apart at the same time.

I am still trying to dig myself out of the hole I created for myself when we went to Disney. I spent a little too much money...but hey...who doesn't but I didn't anticipate suffering for it for the next 2 months. All I can say is thank God I didn't have a credit card to max out...cuz I woulda done it!!!

This week, I have felt nothing but depressed. We have had some problems at home...that I won't go into @ the present but it has really been hard on me and the kids working so many hours and me not getting enough sleep. It just seems like nobody even appreciates it and it is a never ending cycle. I keep asking myself....Why is it that I clocked in 108 hours on the last pay period and I don't have a cent (NOT exaggerating) and Dean is unemployed and has more money than I do. Why????

Guess that is why I am never in a real good mood. I am tired of being the provider...I have been my entire life...well my adult life (hee hee) but at the same time, I don't know what it's like to be on the other side. I have never had to rely on anyone for anything but it would be nice to have a little help once in a while. I already have premonition that when we get the loan money...even though my name is on the loan as well...I won't have any control over how it will be spent.

Ahhhhhhhhhh...I guess I could ramble 4 ever..and I don't wanna soooooooooooooo

ON TO THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH......
We missed a lot @ Epcot, I was sick most of the day and it was probably the hottest day we experienced on the entire trip. We made our way to the World Showcase and I wish we had spent more time in Future World. I went into the park wanting nothing more than to see Turtle Talk With Crush and visit the Seas with Nemo. Somehow we missed these things. Lunch time...it was the worst...my family is sooooooooooooo PARTICULAR. I hadn't planned on eating @ Epcot and we were going to have Brats in Germany but then we didn't cuz the kids didn't want that. We visited several other countries until we settled in Mexico. The food wasn't that great and everyone hated everyone by the time we found somewhere to eat. It's amazing how quickly the heat can drive everyone mad!!!

We did get to watch Honey I shrunk the audience which was really pretty entertaining. We spent quite a little time in Image Works which we had a picture taken of all of us in a cartoon of the monorail and the Magic Kingdom. I laid down the big bucks but got to take it home!!!

YAY!!!! The best souvenier are our pictures!!!!
We did stumble onto a fairly new section of Epcot. Character Spot. We got to meet all the characters (most of the ones we had seen before...but how can you pass them up????) I hadn't gotten my pic with Mickey yet...and I was GOING TO DO IT!!!! Then Dean jumped in at the last minute. I love to watch Goofy. He is friggin hilarious!!!!!
The scenery @ Epcot was beautiful. Then again....every single park was really so indescribable!!!!


I love this pic of Kate!!!! She had on her Hannah Montana hat and the photographers kept telling her to pull her hat up a bit so they could see her face. LOLL
This one was taken on the way into the park. One of my favorite pics!!!
Sorry bout all the character pics but it was pretty much the highlight of our trip to Epcot. I got sick and we left early. I think I was dehydrated and over heated!
Our trip was coming to an end and I was getting low on dough so we did the fast food thing for supper. But it tasted soooooooo good. Dean and Andy had Long John Silvers and Kate and I had Wendy's (I LOVE WENDYS) And then we all had Frostys. The best I think I have ever had....or maybe it was just that hot that it tasted soooooo good to have something cold!

It was our last night @ the pool house so we cruised the strip for one last time and hit several of the gift shops along the way. I am SUCH a Disney fanatic now it isn't even funny!!!! I can't wait to get back to do some shopping!!!!!

I think this was the first day that I REALLY felt home sick. I think knowing that my Mama wasn't functioning very well without us made it a little more difficult. SURE I was having a blast but there was certainly a part of me that just wanted to come home too. I have never been so far away from my Mom before. I don't know how people live several states away from their family. I just couldn't ever do it!
And lastly, some layouts I created to remember our trip to Epcot!!!


4 comments:

Anja said...

Yeah, this looks like a lot of fun and happy days :oD

Caatje said...

You must have an awesome holiday! These pictures and lo's tell!

Michelle said...

Cute pics and lo's! The trip sounds fantastic! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

great pics and great lo's