Friday, July 18, 2008

DAY 9 (SAYING GOODBYE/FLORIDA MALL/NICK HOTEL)

So our stay at Windsor Hills is complete. We had an awesome time..even though we never got to the club house. LOLLL We liked our private pool..it was hard to stray away from that.

On our way out of the property...we had to stop and capture these beautiful trees. They were EVERYWHERE. I am not sure what they are but that was half of the beauty of Florida. Everything was sooooooo well kept. And that it should be. I believe Orlando is @ the top for vacation spots!

M&M world was @ the Florida Mall. The mall was great. Half the fun of traveling is seeing how the other half lives. My favorite shopping spot is the outlet mall. If I didn't have Dean with me...I would have spent a little longer there. We were able to pick up a couple outfits for Candy (Kate's Build a Bear) We hadn't been to a Build a Bear store since the science center in St. Louis.
I don't really even need to tell you how much fun we had @ the Nick Hotel. It was a BLAST and the water slides???? I wish I was there. I didn't even care how fat I looked in my suit. I went down with the best of them!!!!
Here is my layout series for day 9.
Thought I had better include a layout of what we cruised around in . I am soooooo glad we decided to rent a car. It wouldn't have been the same without it. I can't even BEGIN 2 imagine!!!
When it was time to check out of our pool house. I think we were ready to move on to the Nick Hotel as we were all pretty excited about our stay there. It was still sad to have to close that door for the last time. It was TRULY our home for our trip away from home.

Oh...and I am not gonna tell ya how long it took to capture a pic of all of us with our eyes open, looking at the camera, without the glare from the counter...I decided that even with the stupid look on Andy's face....it was a keeper!
One of my favorite places in the entire world. M&M world. We were just trying to pass the time before we checked into our hotel (later we found out that we could check in early and use the facility until our room was ready...TIP 4 NEXT TIME!!!)

Anyway.... I collect M&M memorabilia so this place was just the PERFECT find for me. I managed to spend quite a bit of money but not really cuz I got an awesome picture frame (for the picture in the above layout) and some other stuff that I don't even remember because I have packed all of our Disney stuff for the new house!
Here we are....again, I can't even tell you how awesome this place was. We LOVED it and just like the entire trip...it was good 2 be a kid again! I LOVED going down all the water slides. Only one of them made me sick...but you don't have time to think about it cuz you have to hop out of it quick cuz there are always 12 more kids following you down the slide and you don't wanna have all of them on your lap! LOL Dean wasn't crazy about the slides...he is kinda aquaphobic (is that a word??? well it is on my blog!) I did manage to drag him down a couple slides but he felt like he was drowning so he sat on one of the little chairs and watched. LOLLL

4 comments:

lorig said...

looks like you had a lot of fun. We are starting to plan our return trip to Florida, this time with the kids. Seeing your M&M world photos, I think I want to add that o the list.

~*Jennifer*~ said...

Looks like fun! What a ride you had too! That M&Ms world looks fun!

Unknown said...

Very impressed you are managing to blog and digi-scrap while on hols. Brought back great memories of our WDW trip.

Anonymous said...

Fun pics!
My fav is the M&M LO.
Oh, and those trees are crepe myrtles.