Tuesday, August 12, 2008

10 DAY TRIP REPORT/UPDATE

Blogging has been in the back of my mind for quite some time now. I Kinda left day 10 hanging in the air. Or maybe Day 10 is something I wanna forget cuz that was the day all the fun came to a screeching hault???? Whatever the reason, I thought I would share at least one character layout as that was the highlight of Day 10 of our Disney trip. Our plane left around 4pm so we had all day to hang out. I of course maybe reservations for the Nick character breakfast. It was really great! Loved seeing all the characters!!!! The whole family did....yes even Dean. Dean's face lit up when it was time to get his pic taken with Squidward!!!! LOLL We got a complementary 5 x 7 photo that we also had an appointment for. I had bought us matching shirts the day before and when I unpack the Disney stuff at the new house...I will post the picture as I am VERY proud of it!!!

We hung out at the hotel and played in the water park until it was time to leave for the airport. We got to the airport a bit early so we waited like I see people do in the movies. Orlando airport is HUGE for those that have never been there and GIGANTIC compared to KC airport!!!! We decided to grab a bite to eat at McDonalds in the airport...I payed like $30 for us to eat at McDonalds but we were starved...AGAIN! The flight still scared me stiff but we made it home and I was soooooooooooo glad to be home again!
Thought I would share some of the other layouts I have done over the summer that I have been sitting on until I finished my trip report. The top one I just finished the other day. Very happy with it. Love the colors in Laura Burger's Summer Heat kit! Have I told you how happy I am to be apart of her CT???? The picture was taken the night that Kate and I drove Andy to Hutchinson, KS (6 hours from home) for Space Camp. We stayed at a cheap little hotel and although not the greatest....it was cheap and it was just me and Kate. We had the pool to ourselves but I was a little scared being so far from home and being out with my daughter at the pool in a strange land. There were a couple guys that kept walking around the pool that creeped me out a bit!!!

All in all...a great visit!
I did this one a couple months ago and I have to say it is one of my very favorites. Every time I hear this song, I think of my Mom and Dad. I was so very fortunate to fall into the family that I did. The older I get, the more people I meet telling stories of how their parents did drugs, drank and cheated on their other parent. I never had ANY of this growing up. VERY VERY lucky!
Another pic that was taken at the pool in our hotel at Hutchinson. I love this picture!
Another big event for the summer was boy scouts! Andy went to Camp Geiger and was tapped which means he is now a Brave. Those that aren't familiar with the scouts, it is an honor to be selected the 2nd year because most don't get tapped until the 3rd. To achieve this, the boys have to achieve different tasks through the year such as attending the meetings. This honor made him a member of Mic-o-say in which he has completed several dances already. We just got his costume made and I believe all he needs is his moccasins. We are having trouble finding those but will get them ASAP!
I love this layout! Andy is the boy without a shirt on. This will be one of the layouts that I have printed to hang in the new house.
I have decided to make a book from Shutterfly to remember our Disney trip. This will be the last page of the book. I think I will make a book and print one for me and my Mom for Christmas.
I received these pics in an email yesterday. I haven't seen Rissy since February of this year and that really hasn't been that long ago but it is when you are a baby. I can't believe how big she has gotten. I told my niece that we are going to HAVE to plan a visit soon. I can't stand to be away from them. I cried when I saw these pictures. I hate that they are so far away! I wish I had more pics to scrap with!
Oh one of the most memorable parts of our trip was the flight. I know now that I will never like to fly nor will it be something I get used to like Dean says. I am COMPLETELY terrified...however...I would get on one again if it was taking me to see the mouse!!!!
These are Andy's instructors at Space Camp. I like the little guy in back. Pretty cute huh???
This is one that I have been thinking about for a long time just never got er done.
I believe this was the first layout I got finished after Andy was tapped.

2 comments:

All That Chit Chat said...

So many gorgeous lo's. And I really like your header. Cool!

MadameMim said...

Great layouts! Sounds like you've had a fab trip!