Monday, August 25, 2008

GROWING UP

So I stayed up late...ok all night scrapping. I tried to lay down for a while @ 4 but was NOT successful. I decided to get up shower and it wouldn't be long before the babies were up for school. Just as planned the kids got up and dressed...trying to be quiet cuz Dean's daughter is sleeping on our couch (an unplanned visit...we won't go there now). Andy leaves a little earlier than Kate cuz he has to catch the bus. 20 minutes later Kate comes in my room and gives me a kiss and tells me she is leaving. As she turns to walk out of the room, I notice that she is wearing her backpack (Camp Rock) inside out. I questioned her and she began to cry. She said she didn't want to get made fun of because of it. I asked if someone had said something about it and she said no. She then told me that none of the other kids in her class have bags with characters on them. She said she felt like a baby.

This really wouldn't have come as a shock to me but a couple weeks ago when we picked this bag out...she LOVED it! She LOVES the Jonas Brothers (as do I) and LOVES Camp Rock. BUT....I am young enough to remember the New Kids on the Block days and the times when I was embarrassed to admit that I even liked them. I guess that is why your room is so special when you are a kid.

Soooo...when Kate got home from school, I told her that we would go to Wal-Mart and get a new bag that she wouldn't be embarrassed to carry. We did! Now she is the happiest girl on the planet!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Poor Kate! I have a daughter named Kate too! Hope you got a better bag!

Anonymous said...

I forget the little things like that. They can make such a big difference at that age.
And a big wave Hello to you from my first visit here.