Sunday, October 19, 2008

MUSIC 4 THE SOUL

Ever notice how 1 song. A good song...can TOTALLY change your mood?

So working nights, I tend to get by on 5 hours of sleep a day. Which a lot of people don't understand. They never will, until they do the same.

I worked Friday night and decided to take Mom and the kids to St. Joe because I had some shopping to do (costumes, BBall shoes, etc.). We left early in the morning in hopes to hit a few good yard sales on the way. We stopped @ several but it never ceases to amaze me what some people call a "sale" is not the same for me. I guess with my history of having sales myself. I usually find everything in the house that I want to sell and not just a few shirts that I no longer need. It is a waste of time to me to walk up to a sale to find one table.

Why would a person sit and wait all day in hopes to make money for 1 table...which are usually priced unreasonably???? Another one of those questions that will never be answered!

We still had high hopes in finding that "dream sale" and it was the very last one we hit. I got Kate about 11 pairs of jeans (in which she sooooooooooooo needed). They were $1 each!

JACKPOT!!!!

Anyway so the reason for this post? I woke up this morning about 3 mainly due to the fact that is was cold and Dean was hogging the bed BIG time (I am used to sleeping in the day and having the entire bed to myself). I had reminisced about the fun time we had yesterday shopping and soooo glad my Mom decided to go with us! (It can be a struggle to drag her out of her house sometimes.) I then got to thinking about all the money I spent and INSTANTLY put me in a bad mood. I have been that way pretty much all day. Now rather it is the lack of sleep or the disgust that yet another paycheck is gone down the drain or maybe a little bit of both. It was COMPLETELY (or darn near close) when I sat down at my friendly computer (pretty much my best friend), posted some scrapping layouts that I had been working on and then turned on my media player to a mix I had created the other day.

First song? Rocket Man by Elton John!!! I have always been a huge fan of Eltons. There is just something about his music that makes my little heart sing. Makes all the troubles in the world go away. Even for just 3 or 4 minutes. Maybe it is because I remember when I first discovered Elton...I believe I was around 12 or so. I had such a great childhood. I didn't even know it at the time. Sure school wasn't my favorite thing (even though I was good at it). I was never a socialite and always (and still do) feel inferior to those around me. My home life? It was great! We didn't have a lot of money but my parents always got me what I needed and a lot of what I wanted. Some things just aren't appreciated until we are grown up. I would give anything to go back to the days where I was basically worry free. No bills?????

HELL YEAH!!!!

No comments: