Monday, November 17, 2008

CHRISTMAS IS COMING....AND I'M NOT READY 4 IT!!!!

So today is November 17th and it is a constant reminder that Christmas is right around the corner. Everyone is selling Christmas scrapping products....I have even scrapped with a few kits. Not sure which is my favorite. I love them all!

I recently bowed out of Laura Burger's CT. The expectations became a little more than I could keep up with and my general scrapping style has changed since I started creating for her. I am happy about the change but Laura and her team have been very good to me while I was there so I wish them well and I am sure I will see them around. We haunt DST regularly and Debbie and Kim are also on Lindsay Jane's team.

I currently only belong to Kim Hill and Lindsay Jane's CT. I am happy with them both and plan to stay as long as they will keep me! :)

The first 3 layouts are using Kim Hill's Contemporary Christmas Kit. Love this kit and the reason I do is because she didn't use the traditional red and green. It is nice to see a change!

So with another Christmas, I become another year older. I will be 33 this year. I remember when I thought 30 was soooooooooo old. It scares me to think about what life will be like when my kids move away. Hopefully I can convince them to stay close as I won't know how to function when they are gone. I also want their children to have a relationship with me the way they do with my Mom.

I am really starting to get in the mood for Christmas. It is coming soooooooooo fast and I
have very little money. I am not real worried about buying gifts yet. I think it is a primary concern of the whole family to get into the new house. It is getting real close now and hopefully next week we can start to move in. Dean will be finished with the duct work for the new furnace today or tomorrow. I am sooooooooo excited I could puke!

I told Dean that I don't even care if we have our carpeting and flooring in...it can wait til after Christmas. I want to get in and decorate for Christmas in our new home. We have a stair case and I have always wanted to decorate a stair case.

Ok...call me strange!!!

I bought my first roll of wrapping paper, tags and
tape!!! Such a little thing...but I LOVE Christmas!!!

Changing the subject...Andy's basketball team won 1st place Saturday night. We had a lot of fun and I love to go watch...even if he doesn't get to play much. We took Kate's best friend and they stayed with me most of the time. Dean has been busy with the house and so I have had to go to most of the games alone! Unlike almost every parent in the school...I was raised in Kansas and so I don't know the other parents. I have always felt a bit awkward around them....like I didn't fit in or they were judging me. Odd eh?

I feel that way a lot in life in general. A part of me that I have always wanted to change. Just not sure how to go about it yet! :)

We got a lot of stuff moved yesterday. Another reminder that my back is soooooooooooooo shot and I am sure I won't be much good when it comes to move the big stuff. I can't wait to get my desk and shelves put up and decorate!

YAY!!!!!

The anticipation is KILLING ME!!!!

Back to the scrappy side of me. Soooooooo I am sooooooooooo hooked on the Playing With Word Art series by Natali. I love her designs in general but I find myself wanting to scrap JUST to use the wordart!

Another find of mine this weekend is the stitching
by Two Sisters designs. Wow!!! Something I can use over and over and over!!!!

OH MY GOSH!!!! I almost forgot!!!!

MY NKOTB CONCERT!!!!!

Ok...this is turning into a rather lengthy post but as often as I post...why the heck not????

Soooooooooo it was so nice just taking a road trip with my daughter. This was a great chance for us to really bond. Anyone that is a NKOTB fan?? Come on...I am your new best friend!!! LOLL We bought the cd a few months ago and both the kids were HUGE fans. I decided that it would probably be populated by mostly girls and I had taken Andy to see Smackdown a while back...well that and the fact that he got to spend a week @ Space Camp and a week @ Camp Geiger.

It was sooooooooooo her turn!!!! Our hotel was AWESOME. Didn't cost a whole lot and it was right down the street from the Sprint Center AND Crown Center. Not sure what my fascination is with hotels...but I love searching for them online and finding the best one. We have always had good luck with Marriott hotels...I think they are my favorite....and VERY economical!

We had lunch at Fritz's in Crown Center. I had been there before on a field trip with Andy but Kate had never been. She LOVED it! I love that she isn't TOTALLY grown up yet!

We walked around CC for a while but I didn't have much money...well not money that I wanted to spend there. I was saving it for the concert. At the concert...we spent the mother load!!!! I knew I would because I have been a HUGE fan for 20 years now and have never gotten to see them live!

WHAT A SHOW!!!!!

I was soooooooooooo happy the entire time I was there. My heart was pounding. We had great seats. (I would have liked to have been a bit closer to Joe..even just for a minute) but I was dealing with it! Best concert I have ever seen. The lights...the men...there was never a dull moment. I wasn't totally psyched about Lady Gaga and Natasha Bedingfield opening but I was soooooo wrong about them. They put on a great show and I had TOTALLY forgotten that Natasha sang Unwritten...one of Kate and I's favorite songs!!!!

Now...ON TO MY NAP!!!!


























































No comments: