Saturday, November 01, 2008

HALLOWEEN IS GONE!!!!

Those that know me well know that Halloween is one of my most anticipated days of the year. I LOVE it!!!! I love buying costumes, decorations, the decorating (didn't get to decorate this year cuz we are in the middle of a move! UGH), the scary movie marathons, the candy, the weather (even if it is kinda chilly), I love it all!!! Oh and did I mention candy (that is really expensive when you have to buy it so on one day of the year it is OK to go beg for food at your neighbors door!

I included just a few of my favorite pictures. I think a few posts have gone by where I didn't say how much I love my new Canon camera (is it still new after 7 months?) I really wish I could take a photography class and even get into graphic design professionally one day.

Kind of a dream of mine to get paid for doing what I am passionate about. NOT that I am not about nursing. I would like to be able to do both!

I worked 14 hours Friday night and got home to find my little guy (yes he is still my little guy even though he towers above me) sick. Naturally, I didn't believe him at first. Not sure I even believed him until he came in and woke me up after a few hours saying he was really sick. (TOTALLY out of character 4 him to wake me up...they both know better after almost 4 years working nights). I am hoping it was just a little bug and today he will be better. Even now that they are older, it still makes my heart hurt to see them sick.

Guess that never goes away huh?

Kate's best friend Mikeala decided to go trick-or-treating with Kate. She originally had plans to go with her cousin. Kinda made me sad as Kate and Mikeala have gone together the last several years. Kate didn't talk about it much but she was really hurt that she was going to have to go alone. We live in a small community and there are only about 6 girls in her class and only 1 lives in town. The rest live about 7 miles away.

Needless to say, the girls had a blast! (I will try and post pics of the girls later as I don't have them uploaded yet)

Andy stayed home with me and we watched Hellraiser: Deader. Of course we had seen this before but it was Halloween and nothing creeps me out more than Pin Head.

About 7:00 the girls called and wanted us to take them to Ravenwood (7 miles but a tradition). Andy went with me but only got out a couple times. He was still feeling pretty pukey but like myself, didn't wanna miss out on the fun. Kate was a trooper and shared her candy with her brother (even though they don't really care for each other).

We headed home about 9:00. Checked the candy (ate a little bit too) and then settled in to watch the rest of Hellraiser and followed up with Child's Play. (Hadn't seen that movie in years)

The costumes?

Andy? Convict (perfect for him)

Kate? Pirate...she turned into a dead pirate after a trip to Mikeala's. (watch for pics later) We had to make a trip to the local Wal-Mart for an undershirt. Apparantly it was a little too low cut for her and made her feel a bit uncomfortable.

Today is DSD (Digital Scrapbooking Day) and there are sales EVERYWHERE!!! I am soooooooooo stoked! I already spent a few bucks at my favorite store (Scrap Matters). Britt-ish Designs is my favorite and 30% off???

Why the heck not?????

No comments: