Friday, December 19, 2008

FROST

We received the ice storm we were expecting. Unlike last winter, we still have power. Which means we have heat!!!! I got up at midnight (I have the worst sleep schedule EVER!!!!) I opened the front door to find my door frozen shut. I instantly decided on a shower as that was the worst part for me last year. (couldn't wash my hair) Of course Dean thought I was being stupid...but he always thinks I am being stupid!

After my shower, I felt a lot better and decided to log onto qcountry where I normally check for school closings. Classes had already been cancelled. I was excited but I knew how disappointed Kate would be. Today was her XMAS party. Andy was ecstatic!!!

Morning started off great. I made breakfast for everyone. I love eggs and bacon and toast....guess I got that from my Dad. I told the kids that I would let them open an early present and that perked them right up. We have this rule that I have to approve their early presents and this year there aren't a lot of presents period so it was just that more important. Andy opened a wrestling mag and calendar (they were wrapped together) and Kate opened a friendship bracelet kit. She hated it. In fact, I think she started to cry a bit. I realized at that moment....I was not taking more money out of my next check for XMAS. I'm just not. I can't recall EVER being upset about a present I received. I was just so grateful to get anything.

Later, I was laying on the couch and Dean and I got into this huge arguement (pretty much a daily thing) We can't stand to be together yet I can't imagine living without him either. I guess I had always hoped to change things and 7 years later...nothing has changed. He has applied for this job (I won't say where just yet) but if he gets it....things might be better for us. He can FINALLY take over half of the bills (a HUGE part of my daily irritation with him). The downside? He will be working 12am-9am which sucks cuz I was hoping to have a little NEEDED separation.

Anyway...I could ramble about my relationship problems all day but I choose not to. After our arguement, I decided to make brownies. After the kids and I ate almost the whole pan, we decided to watch War of the Worlds II. It was really pretty good. Tonight...Hellboy II. I got a few from Redbox on my way home from work the other day cuz I knew the weather would be getting bad and I am off for 2 nights.

This week will be the stretcher! I have 5 12 hour shifts...1 of them being on XMAS. But I guess they can sleep at night cuz they gave me XMAS eve. off!

Now...I am going to try and scrap. Can't really get in the mood. I need new pics! Great kits but same old pics!

No comments: