Sunday, December 14, 2008

HOLIDAY STRESSORS

Soooo, Here I am. It is almost 3AM. I decided to take a look at my blog and see just how long it had been since I blogged last. I can't believe I haven't blogged this month cuz I really thought I had.

First off. WE ARE IN OUR NEW HOUSE!!!!! I don't really think I thought I would ever be saying that. To say the least...I LOVE IT! We all do. We have been here a couple weeks and are settling in quite nicely. It almost looks like a home. Granted...we still have no doors in the house...and no flooring. We hope to get that in after Christmas but everything is just so dang expensive.

Kate had a friend spend the night last night. This is like a milestone for me because I was always embarrassed to have someone spend the night cuz our roof leaked so bad and it was just a sad environment.

Now? We are all happy...well for the most part. We were able to have Dean's Mom, My Mom and Dean's niece and nephew up for Thanksgiving. HOW AWESOME IS THAT???

My house has never been big enough!!!!

Another blessing??? We can all eat at the table together! We can all play games together!!! (without sitting on the floor) There is room to spread out. The kids can go upstairs and get away from it all! I have a brand new spanking microwave.

Maybe I should post pics??? (IN TIME!!!)

As with every holiday season...I stress about money. Although I live with someone..I am still all on my own. Dean hasn't been working since he started working on the house. We agreed it was the best decision for us at the time. Now that we are in. He is trying to find work. It is just the WORST time of the year to start a new job. He does however have an interview on Tuesday.

Keep your fingers crossed for me!

I went shopping yesterday. KNOWING that the money I was going to use for Christmas presents should have been used on something else if I were a more responsible person...but I am not. I ended up shelling out over $500 yesterday for presents. Mom and I went to St. Joe and we had soooooooo much fun!

She gets out very little and I always feel so guilty about that. I work all the time and am tired so much I don't feel like doing a thing. I took her to Church's chicken for lunch. (one of her favorite place to eat) I asked her what she wanted for lunch as as usual she said "you choose". Having worked the night before...I had LOTS of time to think about it already. She was elated when I told her where we were going. She thought I was going to say Chinese again as that is my favorite!

First stop?? TJ-MAXX!!! I think this is one of the best stores ever!!! I learned after waiting almost 45 minutes outside in the cold for my Mom that it is NOW her favorite as well!

U have to know my Mom to understand how funny this is cuz she usually isn't able to walk around as much. It hurts her back and legs. I
drug her EVERYWHERE!

Now...HOPEFULLY in January I can get myself caught up financially cuz currently???

I'M SCREWED!!!!

BUT....my kids are going to have a WONDERFUL Christmas!!!

Isn't that all that matters anyway?? Christmas only comes once a year and I don't really buy them a lot of toys/games through the year. For the most part...they are good kids and deserve this!!!

I still have a few things to get but they are going to HAVE to wait til my next paycheck. I came home and managed to get a lot wrapped. I had 2 hours of sleep after shopping then got up and went to Wally's for round 2. (I needed groceries)

I hit the Redbox and was lucky enough to find Hancock (the reason we stopped) and also got Fly Me 2 The Moon (looks REALLY cute) and Sisterhood of the traveling pants 2. Hancock was really good...not at all what I thought it was going to be but still good. I really think Will Smith is one of my favorite actors! I love everything he is in! He is also kinda sexy isn't he????

Itching to scrap so I think I will end this seemingly neverending post by talking about my layouts that I have created within the last couple weeks. Trying to get me in the holiday spirit..and using mostly new designs from my CTs.


LAYOUT 1: MAGIC (using mostly products from Lindsay Jane's Christmas Memories)

LAYOUT 2: BRRR (all products from Lindsay Jane's Snowed Under (LOVE THIS KIT)

LAYOUT 3: UNDER MY TREE (using mostly products from Kim Hill's Contemporary Christmas)

LAYOUT 4: COLD OUTSIDE (using a variety of Kim Hill's products but created cuz I fell in love with the winter scarf alpha!)


One day...I am going to figure out how to post on blogger without the huge spaces and picture posting is not as easy as one might think.

No comments: